August 11, 2012

Thank You FOR NOTHING DIY

HERE'S A DIY FAIL. Where did i go wrong? :( Instead of stencilling i tried to paper transfer with regular paper and last jet ink.

1. BOOBOO #1 My letters were not backwards so i had to reprint.


Ahh.. much better


Cut around the letters so there's less paper to rub off later.


Apply mod podge onto the wood and place the word ink side down.


When it dries, apply water.



Letter the paper soak up for a few minutes the begin rubbing off the paper.


Rub rub rub.. I'm feeling optimistic.


NOT :(


Attempt #2. I let this one soak for longer.


Look Ma! My letters look pretty dang good!!


Until it dries and I realize there's a lot of left over scraps.


Thank you for NOTHING!! Where did i go wrong :(

Tutorial used http://jezzicasprojects.com/2012/02/23/pallet-wood-signs/